General information and tasks
The Board consists of 6 members of the General Assembly who are elected for a period of 3 years by the country representatives in the General Assembly. Diversity and geographical balance shall be ensured when electing the Board members. As the Network is funded by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF), 3 Board members shall be elected from among the Austrian members. Board meetings can also be held online / as a video conference.
- Election of the Africa-UniNet President and confirmation of the Africa-UniNet Vice-President from among the members of the Board
- Advising the President - Preparing the decisions of the General Assembly; e. g. on the admission of new Network members or the change in the amount of membership fees;
- Preparing proposals for the Network strategy and the annual work programme in consultation with the President
- Submission of proposals for the Network’s thematic orientation and for the tendering of special Network activities in consultation with the President and in accordance with the funding guideline of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF).
Members of the Board
- Prof. Nzula Kitaka (Egerton University, Kenya), Vice-President of Africa-UniNet
- Dr. Zena M. Mabeyo (Institute of Social Work, Tanzania)
- Prof. Christian Anieke (Godfrey Okoye University, Nigeria)
- Prof. Dr. Belachew Gebrewold (Management Center Innsbruck, Austria)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Anke Bockreis (University of Innsbruck, Austria)
- Univ.-Prof. Hubert Hasenauer (BOKU, Vienna, Austria), President of Africa Uni-Net