João Paulino, MA (Universidade Zambeze) email@example.com
Universidade Zambeze (UniZambeze)
Universidade Zambeze, with abbreviation UniZambeze, was created by the decree nº 77/2007, of 18 December of the Mozambique Council of Ministers. It is a public higher education institution based in the City of Beira. Its teaching, research and extension activities are national in scope; it enjoys scientific, pedagogical and administrative autonomy. Strategically, Unizambeze was designed to operate in the four provinces of the Mozambique Central Region, namely Sofala, Manica, Tete and Zambezia. The UniZambeze objective is higher education, research and extension that allows qualifying citizens with capacity for entrepreneurial action and independent reflection, necessary for the sustainable development of the country and the world. To achieve this objective, UniZambeze currently has six organic teaching units (Faculties) and three organic research and extension units (Centers).
Organic Teaching Units - Faculties
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities (FCSH) located in the Sofala province. At present, the following courses are available: economics, accounting and finance, law, management, communication sciences, sociology, public administration, master in language and literature, masters in judicial law, master in business management, doctorate in law and doctorate in language, literature and culture;
- Faculty of Science and Technology (FCT) located in the Sofala province. At present, the faculty ministers the following courses: civic engineering, mechatronics, informatics, industrial processes, electricity, architecture and actuarial science, master in sustainable construction, master in engineering and water management and master in engineering and energy management
- Faculty of Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources (FEARN) located in the city of Chimoio (200Km from rectory). This faculty teaches the following courses: environmental engineering and natural resources; engineering of rural buildings and spatial planning; agricultural and environmental engineering, civil engineering and management and Environmental Planning, master in environmental management and water resources, master in territorial planning and master in biodiversity conservation;
- Faculty of Agronomical and Forestry Engineering (FEAF) is located in the district of Mocuba (750km from the rectory). Currently, the following courses are available: agronomic engineering; forestry engineering; agrarian economics and public administration;
- Faculty of Health Sciences (FCS) located in the Tete province and city (650 km from the rectory). This faculty is responsible for following undergraduate courses medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, hospital management and administration, nutrition and public health.
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences (FCA) is located in the Tete province, Angónia district (900km from the rectory). In this faculty work the degree courses in food engineering and agricultural and livestock engineering.
Organic Units of Research and Extension - Centers
- Centre for Innovation and Advanced Training Studies (CEIFA) located in the Beira city, next to the rectory. The CEIFA mission are the of supporting the organic units of teaching (Faculties) in conducting research, extension, innovation and advanced training;
- Center for Technologies, Information and Communication (CETIC), located in the Beira city, its mission is to support the university in the assistance in information and communication technologies and activities to promote the Image of Unizambeze
- Center for Biodiversity and Tropical Disease Studies (CEBDT) located in the district of Marromeu located 500 km from the rectory. Its mission is to conduct research related to tropical diseases and biodiversity conservation.
João Paulino, MA (Universidade Zambeze)
PhD Economics Candidate at Catholic Porto Business School in partnership with Catholic University of Mozambique. Master in Economics, BA in Economics and Management and agricultural technician
ADDITIONAL TRAINING In 2019 was trained in Agroforestry System Installation and Small Farmers Group Training Methodology for Innovating Sustainable of Agriculture in Mozambique: Teaching and Learning Tool. In 2018 was trained in Pedagogy in Higher Education and Curriculum Development Methodology for the master program based on International Standards and trainers of bankers for new methodology of credit analysis for small and medium-sized enterprises. European Bank. 2017 and 2012 was trained in didactics and psych pedagogy for Higher Education and implementation of Entrepreneurship in University, General Secondary Education and Professional Technician. Just in 2007 and 2008 was trained in academic management and Pedagogical Information of Professional Schools, competency-Based Curriculum Design (CBC) for Vocational Schools and modular Planning and Deferred Pedagogy respectively. And 207 was trained in methodology for elaboration of project Oriented by Objective
Since 2014 until now I am a teacher. I teach the agrarian economics, history of economic thought, Foundation of Administration, Econometric and Economics, Public Finance, Introduction of Economics and political economy in Unizambeze, Catholic University and Higher Institute of Public Administration and Autarchy. Between 2010 -2013 I was a teacher in Industry Commerce School, Industrial and Commercial Institute and Frelimo Provincial School teaching the General Accounting, General Statistics, Economic Planning, Economics, Economic Organization, Entrepreneurship, Finance and Agrarian Economy. Since 2008 until 2009 I was a Director of Professional Agricultural School, Model Agricultural Enterprise and coordinator of the Training of the Rural Population Outside the School Project. In 2007 I was provincial coordinator of the agriculture program in Dorcas AID International. In 2000 I was coordinator of Agricultural Senso and between 1998 - 2001 I was the teacher of Chemistry in Secondary School. And 1996 -1997 I was an administrative technician in Beira Public Transport.
Determinants of the District Development Fund Reimbursement. The Seven Million. Case of Study: Caia District (Monograph presented at UCM - FEG) 2010 Applicability of the Okun Law Explanatory Hypothesis on Unemployment in Mozambique (Master's Dissertation presented at UCM - FEG), 2014 Why Agricultural Productivity Does not Increase? A question already answered but still under discussion. Paper presented at the 1st International Congress of the Zambezi University – 2015.
RESEARCH IN PROGRESS
Analysis of the Determinants of the Process of Modernization of the Production Units of Subsistence Family Farmers in Sofala – Research for doctoral These
PARTICIPATION IN EVENTS
1st International Conference on Gender, Food Security, Environment and Governance (Unizambeze, 2015). Theme Speaker_ Why Does Productivity Not Increase? An issue that has already been answered but is still under discussion (FCSH, 2015). 1st National Conference on Gender, Food Security, Environment and Governance (FCSH, 2016). Theme Speaker _ The University_ The Extension University V Rural Extension (FCSH,2017) The Different Faces Of Family Farming: A Brazil – Mozambique Comparison (SOBER, Brazil, 2018_56 Congress)